At the Chichester College Group, we have a range of interesting and engaging professional development and training opportunities available to staff.
Continuing Professional Development is encouraged by the Group and is a great way to gain new skills and knowledge and enhance your career. Our professional development and training opportunities include:
- Development days throughout the year, including two development days unique to your team and a ‘back to industry’ day for academic staff.
- Free Level 2 Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQs)
- Leadership and management development, including the Group’s Management Development Centre
- Online SPARK training sessions
- Weekly Continuous Professional Development offerings for both business support and academic staff
- The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is funded by the Group for new Lecturers who do not hold a teaching qualification
The back to industry development day helped me understand the needs that the industry wants our students to be trained too and how we can adapt the curriculum to accommodate that.
Your pathway into teaching
We are regularly recruiting for outstanding staff to teach across a variety of curriculum areas, including areas based in industry such as engineering, construction, hairdressing and hospitality.
However we recognise that moving into a teaching role can be daunting, especially if you have always worked in industry or are unfamiliar with working in Further Education.
Therefore we have put together a pathway into teaching, which outlines your journey to becoming an outstanding lecturer or teacher at the Chichester College Group.
Download our pathway information guide:
Your Pathway Guide